An experiment turned fabulous
I recently got the Flourishing Phrases set and had been wanting to work with it for a while. Late in the evening I experimented with some emboss resist. I didn’t totally care for it at first and if you follow my Facebook page, you have seen the original experiment you might see why. With having a newborn in the house, I keep all sorts of odd hours and during one of my “up at all random times in the night” points I stumbled upon this idea of cutting up an image on Pinterest. The example had it all symmetrical but I can’t divide distances in two it seems so my card is anything but. I figured if I messed up the long cut and didn’t get it in half the first time, I wasn’t going to worry that the other parts were the same. The color choice was decided once I scanned through the new Holiday Catalog and saw a suite of New Years items. I know you haven’t seen it yet but if you joined the Stampin’ Up! family you could. (Just throwing that out there!) This combines the new In-color Sweet Sugarplum with the Soft Sky and Smokey Slate we already have come to know and love. Not too bad of a final project that came from some late night, harried-minded experimentation.